A claw grip is a form of mouse-hand grip that enables the user to keep their thumb and other fingers close to the home button. The risk of its use is that your other hand can get cramped or uncomfortable. This blog article will teach you how to master this technique and why it may be better than using a traditional mouse.
What is a claw grip mouse?
A claw grip is an adhesive type of mouse that is contoured to fit into your hand, giving the user a heightened sense of control. Claw grip mice are often used for sensitive tasks, such as for video game players.
Claw grip vs. Palm grip
Most PC users–more than three-quarters in fact– prefer to use a palm grip when using a computer mouse, and it’s the de-facto and default position for many consumers and professionals. However, claw grip, also known as opposable thumb grip, is preferred by numerous gamers and multi-tasking artists who rely on computers for significant portions of their work or leisure time.
If you are a gamer, having the best claw grip mouse is key in dominating your game, which is why you should use it to defeat your opponent. But if you are not a gamer, I recommend using the palm grip because it helps with easy traveling on your iPhone.
Why use a claw grip mouse?
Claws grips hold a better grip because the tiny teeth on the back of your palm wrap around the buttons, so you don’t have to maneuver fingers. What I love about this mouse is that, because it’s sticky, it also easily stays put if you need to free your hand for an extended period.
If you have a traditional desktop mouse, this is no problem. However, if you use a laptop or handheld device, that pointy little mouse is going to destroy your thumb, wrist, and forearm over time. The problem is those tiny nubs on the back of those small hand mice all action games are made for. Either way, don’t worry – there’s a solution.
Buying a cheap claw grip mouse
You can save a lot of money by buying a cheap claw grip mouse. The extra features you get on more expensive mice are often just gimmicks. For example, some mice have side buttons, so you can switch the mouse gesture between left-handed vs. right-handed modes or adjust the dpi depending on what surface you are using it on. Some mice feature bright colors, so they are easier to see. All these things might seem tempting to some people, but by saving money, you can buy yourself a more important feature that will benefit your gameplay more – higher durability!
What to Consider Before Buying a Claw Grip Mouse
Elroy is the best claw grip mouse because they work on a very efficient yet straightforward movement. It’s no wonder why they have been winning many races as of late. There are so many positives from using this kind of mouse, from never having to move your wrist – which can cause toxins and smells from your hand to affect the intensity of the game you’re playing – to always focusing on performance. Elroy also comes with an excellent form factor meaning it’ll barely take up any space on your desk, but be ready for anything coming.
Benefits and Limitations of a Claw Grip Gaming Mouse
The claw grip mouse is designed for people who do a lot of gaming and use Macs. It provides a high-performance mouse with the benefits of the claw grip. These features include a pulse button to accelerate turrets, dpi up to 2.8kHz, 20g acceleration, 250 dpi resolution, and 6400dpi sensitivity. It also has a brown color that doesn’t show finger grease as quickly as other colors due to its more shine.
You can work more productively if you use an ergonomically designed gaming mouse that allows you to quickly pick up and move objects on-screen. A claw grip can help improve your dexterity requirement efficiently. This is because the claw moves all ten (10) fingers so that it helps with better control compared to other grip styles. The downside is that the claw isn’t suitable for multi-buttoned actions when compared to different mouse grips like a palm or fist grip.
Recommendations and Buying Guide
Many of us are familiar with the standard computer mouse. If you are more tech-savvy, you may already know about some of the newer gadgets out there on the market that offer new functions and styles. Recently, an innovative peripheral device has taken the world by storm: Its name? The claw grip mouse. It has prompted a wide range of reactions from people like salespeople and average consumers alike. This sleek emissary to your computing experience boasts high-performance sensors as well as blazing speeds as low as 496 DPI; we’re here for you if you’re wondering how to get your hands on one because we’ve got all the information you need.
Types of claw grips
Claw grip is a mouse type that has been around for a while. It’s been popularized because the claw grip prevents accidental clicks from different directions as well as prevents mistakes that other typical mouses would reinforce due to the changes in insensitivity.
The A50 is a gambit-designed slider mouse. It has a comfortable grip that provides users with a hand-feeling, more secure, and easier use. The A50 is constructed of a lightweight PC/ABS construction that provides the high flexibility needed for high sensitivity on-screen movements.
Razer DeathAdder V2
The DeathAdder V2 is a wireless gaming mouse, which means that the cord won’t get in your way when you’re trying to control your teammates during a heated battle. It comes with 16.8 million color RGB lighting features and durable Omron switches for long-lasting performance.
- The Razer DeathAdder V2 is a gaming mouse designed to give you the edge against your competition. The mouse has an ergonomic shape, 7 buttons, 16000 DPI, and 3 programmable Hyperesponse buttons.
- The Razer DeathAdder V2 is your must-have gaming mouse to battle your way to victory, whether you’re on the hunt for skilled opponents in a MOBA or taking on friends in FPS.
- You’ll never have to compromise on your performance or style with this mouse designed by pros. Offering advanced sensor technology and up to 12000 DPI, the Razer DeathAdder V2 is brilliantly balanced for speed and accuracy.
Logitech G Pro Wireless
One of the problems I’ve found with traditional mice is that my use pattern doesn’t always match what this mouse thinks it should be. These days, I primarily work in Windows, so I don’t tend to use the side scroll wheels, which are pretty standard on most mice. However, when I was using the classic Apple mouse, I had no problem adjusting to all these newfangled weird modes and buttons.
- Logitech G Pro Wireless is the fastest wireless mouse with custom DPI, up to 12000. It features a low-profile, contoured shape and only weighs 3.8oz making it perfect for on-the-go gaming.
- Logitech G Pro Wireless is designed for playing games or doing whatever you do with your laptop. The Arx Design software helps you get the most out of your graphics card and other gaming features, while the fast wireless connection lets you play in seconds.
- Logitech G Pro Wireless offers up to 30% faster wireless performance with a 40% range boost. With 1080p tracking, you’ll experience the accuracy needed in competitive games, while the zero-G technology will reduce mouse lag.
Cooler Master MM720
This mouse is perfect for claw grips, delivering vivid colors and smooth tracking. Plus, the interchangeable grips let you get your hands on this mouse regardless of hand size or grip preference, perfect for over gripping purposes.
- The Cooler Master MM720 is the most powerful modular gaming mouse yet! With 18 programmable buttons, this mouse has enough buttons for any gamer to use.
- Cooler Master MM720 is capable of providing incredible precision with its 4,000 DPI sensor. This reliable, high-quality mouse will have you winning more matches than ever before.
- This mouse is designed with the best features and materials, and it has a high performance and accuracy. With a 5 on 5 ratings, this mouse is perfect for first-person-shooter games on pc.
Some people prefer to use their index finger and thumb to use a mouse. It is not as commonly used as the other two, but many people find it very convenient. This type of grip feels much more natural for those who favor this position over the other two crucial ones. Visually, people who use the claw grip hold their fingers and thumbs closer together and quickly move them around.